Assistance to employers (including the self-employed entrepreneurs who are employers) who maintains jobs during the interruption or restriction of their activities during emergency situations.
Employers (including the self-employed entrepreneurs who are employers) and are affected by an emergency situation are eligible for one of these forms of support for job retention:
- a. a reimbursement of the employee’s wage of the employees to whom the employer cannot allocate work due to an obstacle on the side of the employer (§ 142 of the Labour Code), up to 80% of his/her average earnings, and up to EUR 880,
- b. the support for the employer in the amount depending on the decrease in the revenues of the employer. Eligible expenditure in individual months is considered to be a contribution to cover part of the wage costs for each employee in relation to the decrease in revenues.
Each applicant chooses one of the alternative ways of calculating the decrease in revenue. The rules set out three options from which the employer may choose:
- A comparison of revenues for the reporting month for the same month revenues of the previous year
- A comparison of average monthly revenues in 2019, with revenues for the reporting month – authorized are only those employed throughout the year 2019
- A comparison of revenues in February 2020, reported revenues for the month – authorized are only those in paid employment only throughout part of the year 2019 and started to engage in gainful activity no later than on the 1st February of 2020.
An employer who, in accordance with a collective agreement or a written agreement with the appointed employee´s representative, pays compensation to the employees of less than 80% of their average earnings, shall be reimbursed for the relevant period by paying the actual compensation paid, up to a maximum of 880 EUR.
Applications for March are due until in the mid May.
More information is available at: